Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things

This was inspired by a post my sister-in-law made on their blog and then my brother’s response.

These are some of my favorite things - things that are either my joys, touchstones, or just sure to put a smile on my face. :)

  • Food: There's hardly anything I DON'T like, but these are some of my favs - just about anything barbecued (chicken, steaks, burgers); any kind of cheese; Chuy’s jalepeno ranch dressing, any kind of Mexican food, my blueberry muffins (with so many blueberries you have to pick through them to find the muffin part!); almost any meal had with family and friends, something about the socialization makes it even better!
  • Places: The Davis Mountains; Texas Hill Country - expecially when bluebonnets are in bloom; The British Isles - I want to go there someday with someone who can drive and I’;ll get some spectacular pics;
  • Music: Where to start? Classic Braodway (Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, My Fiar Lady, Gypsy); some classical music; the older U2 stuff, Enya; Celtic Woman - just to name a few!
  • Literature: Lord of the Rings trilogy; anything by Shakespeare; Maya Angelou, Betty McDonald
  • Miscellaneous: Family- all of whom I don’t get to see nearly as often as I would like - and I’m looking forward to meeting my new nephew!; friends (here’s to friends I can chat with on the phone for hours on end!); my dog - who I wouldn’t trade for the world, she’s such a loyal, loving companion; relaxing on the couch with a good book and a glass of iced tea; cooking dinner and playing music in the background - it feels so homey!

I know I’ll think of more, but these are just SOME of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment