Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mountain or Beach?

For the most part, there are two kinds of people: mountain people and beach people

Me? Mostly moutain. :) I love the Davis Mountains, and I don’t get to go to our cabin there enough. I find that I love hot, dry climates like west Texas. I love the heat, not crazy about humidity. I love the fact that at the cabin it could be in the 90s and you don’t really feel it much. I also love the peace, tranquility. There’s nothing better than kicking back with a good book, glass of iced tea and laying out in the sun to read. :) I know a lot of people think west Texas is brown, barren, nothingness. To me, however, I think there is beauty in the different colors of the mountains, the different species of birds, plants, not to mention some spectacular photography.

Don’t get me wrong. . .I enjoy going to the beach, getting in the water, the sand, etc. But there is something about the mountains that speaks to me more.

How about you? Which one calls to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment