Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just a quick update for you

I got to NY yesterday and have been on the go ever since!!! We immediately had a lecture on some of the equipment we would be using (harness, training collar, leash) and were handed our new leashes. Tomorrow we'll be getting our dog in the afternoon sometime - I'm so excited!! This morning I went on a walk with a trainer holding the harness in their hand so that they can gauge my pace, tension, the amount of correction I will apply Plus it was essentially a '20 questions' type thing - they want to know all about the city I live in, where I will be travelling, what I will be doing with the dog.

There is so much information given to me, I feel like I'm on information overload! I know it will become second nature to me, but for the moment, it is almost overwhelming. Ah well - I REALLY enjoy it here, and love the people I'm working with, and the other students as well. So. . .I am going to be running along now to our next activity - I believe another lecture, with yet more info on dog care. :) Until next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment