Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back at it again!

Wow, it's been THAT long since I last blogged? Guess the last few months got away from me! LOTS of things have happened since my last post, all good stuff.
To begin:
  • I'm getting a guide dog next month! A month from tomorrow (or thereabouts) I leave for New York to attend Guiding Eyes for the Blind for about 3.5 weeks of intense training with my new pair of eyes. I am beyond excited, and am planning on blogging about the entire experience. I mean to do more photo-blogging, so am taking my camera with me. I've never been to that part of the country, so the whole thing will be an adventure! :)
  • For transportation and some practical reasons, Ms Sadie-dog has a new home with my parents out in the country now, and is apparently loving it. She's currently hard at work training them in how to live with a furry dog who sheds enough fur for another whole puppy. lol
  • Currently, I am working as a tech writer/web marketer for a friend's business - that has kept me busy lately, but I'm so glad it's working out in terms of being gone in NY for a month. My friend is a Guiding Eyes graduate, so knows the routine there, but how lucky am I that this job fell into my lap basically, and will truly fit in with my plans for the next few months!! :)
In addition to all that, I'm loving this spring weather! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter - not sure what I'm doing other than cooking something good and possibly yummy for dessert. Lemon chiffon again perhaps? ;)

3 comments:

  1. So much change recently! But good change.
    I'm glad Sadie is doing well with your parents..wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, great to see you on here! This is KYPaws. My blog is here: http://christinaitmg.blogspot.com/

    I've been behind lately but I hope you keep posting on your blog. I have been thinking about you and your upcoming adventure. Can't wait to see pics and hear ALL about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time!
    ;)
    I'm glad everything is working out with Sadie and your parents. And we're very excited about your trip and new friend!

    ReplyDelete