Thursday, April 9, 2009

Aaaaah, spring is in the air!

Yep, it's that time of year. What with our current 90 degree temps here in Austin, it forces me to get my brain in gear and start thinking about what plants to put on my balcony. Granted, it usually doesn't result in too many plants in residence on the porch, but I do love looking through seed catalogs. :)
http://www.jungseed.com/ is one of my favorite seed websites. Thanks to Samantha (Green Acres) for telling me about it!! In fact, it's where I got these johnny jump ups:

So this year, some of the things I am planning for the moment are:
  • turk's caps
  • herb garden
  • potted cherry tomatoes
  • cactus planter
Maybe not all of these things, but I love the way the Turks caps pop out with their redness, and in a terra cota pot they should look stunning. They shall be my first order of business!

No comments:

Post a Comment