Sunday, April 12, 2009

Knitting: A work in progress!


I've just finished yet another scarf - I love this color, and the fringe I added as well. This is one of several scarves I've made, all of them strangely in some hue of purple. I just realized that they all seeom to be in that range - I don't have a preferrence for purple, but I just happen to have picked up a few skeens that I really liked. :)

My next project is learning to knit hats. If I can figure out how to use circular needles, hopefully I'll start cranking out hats in no time. My ultimate goal is to donate hats, scarves, blankets to charities. There are so many groups of people that need this sort of thing, and yet the majority of what's donated are to premies (mostly hospitals) and underdeveloped countries. What so many people don't consider is the vast amount of people here in the United States that desperately need our help too. Look at any of the Indian reservations, Appalachia, and even the homeless in our own cities , etc and you will find people living in unimaginable poverty. It would be nice if more would be done for these people. So, with that in mind, I shall attempt to use my knitting to help in some way. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Knitting is another thing I've always wanted to learn.

    ReplyDelete